Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Dying Eggs, T-ball Opening Day and Club Easter Egg Hunt

The Friday of Easter weekend, Gran and Popa came to visit to spend some time with us and attend Lendon's opening t-ball game on Saturday morning.  Since, we had not dyed our Easter eggs yet, they got to join in on the fun.

This was the first year that I contained my compulsive personality and just the boys go to town and dye their eggs all by themselves.  Yes, it was a messy experience but they had a BLAST! As you can see below, some little turkey could not keep his hands out of the dye cups.  Oh my heavens, all I could think about was colored hands for Sunday morning!  Oh well, this is life with young boys and yes I got all of the dye off of their stained hands and other body parts!


We tried out an egg spinner this year too and it worked quite well!

On Saturday morning we all got up really early to get head coach Joe and Lendon ready for their big day.  I can not describe the feelings that I had when I saw Lendon in his first, official White Sox t-ball uniform.  My heart was so happy!  Yes, I am officially a ball mom and I have a feeling that if they are anything like their daddy, I will be hitting the ball fields and courts for the next 18 to 20 years. 

I must take a minute to praise Joe for taking the time to coach Lendon's team.  Anyone who knows anything about t-ball knows that is not an easy job.  He did such a great job with kids at practice and the games.  I think God might have taught him a little more about patience through this experience as well.  Thank you Joe for loving Lendon so much that you would become so involved in this experience in his life!

And yes, of course we won our opening game!  Everyone wins in t-ball!













After the game, we headed to the club for lunch and their annual Easter egg hunt and festival.  This is such a fun age because the boys are becoming so self sufficient and really get into all the fun.


Guess who we ran into?


When the time came for the hunt to begin, my kids new exactly what to do!


Checking for loot...

Collin gave sweet Lacey Lamaster a nice big headlock  hug after the hunt was over...

No comments:

Followers