Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Pumpkin Time

This year the whole process of preparing and carving pumpkins was taken to a whole new level by the kids.  If the boys asked me one time to carve the pumpkins, they asked me a thousand times.  So, the boys and I prepped the pumpkins during the day and waited until Joe go home later that night to actually carve.  Of course I thought I would be the one really doing all the work to prepare the pumpkins for carving but boy was I wrong.  Lendon (with the help of Collin) prepped his pumpkin all by himself.  What a difference a year makes!

They cracked me up because Lendon did all the scooping of the "pumpkin guts" and Collin was in charge of loading the pumpkin seeds on the dump trunk and hauling them away.  Their teamwork was impeccable!  HA-HA!
They tired a couple other methods like dumping the whole pumpkin over into the dump truck, but kept going back to their original method.

Our neighbor, Sherry, happened to be outside checking her mail as all of this hard work was going on and had to come and check everything out.  If you give my boys an audience, they will never disappoint!

In the end, Collin and I teamed up to carve his pumpkin and Lendon and Joe team up to carved Lendon's pumpkin.  Everyone was happy with the results and a lot of sweet memories were made.

No comments:

Followers