After wrestling Collin and getting him strapped into his car seat and on the verge of pulling my hair out, I went to buckle Lendon in his seat. As I was strapping him in he looked up at me and said "Hey mom, did you know God created the heavens and the world. Genesis 1:1." I stopped what I was doing and I looked up at him and asked him to tell me again what he just said. He repeated everything just as before and I was just shocked. He went on to tell me how God created the animals, trees, moon, stars and so on and so forth. He had just recited his first Bible verse to me with the reference. I cannot express how proud I was of this precious three year old! In this moment, all the irritation that I had felt dissolved and it reminded me that parenting is hard but the fruit of all the hard work and stress that parents go through is nothing compared to joy that our children can bring us in the most unexpected moments. Thank you Lord for my two special blessings and please continue to help me raise them to glorify you!
Tuesday, October 16, 2012
Lendon's first Bible verse
Sunday was a crazy day. Joe was out of town but I somehow managed to get the kids to church. Usually after church Joe pulls the car up under the pavilion and we load the kids in- easy peazy. Lets just say it was a completely different story this Sunday. As we left my children literally went crazy as we made our way back to the car located in one of the furtherest parking places in the church parking lot. So here I am in heels with both kids bags, my bible, Collin's had tucked into mine as he tried desperately to get away and Lendon running in front of us. Of course I was constantly yelling at Lendon to watch out for cars as well. By the time we made it to the car I wanted to strangle both kids and I was exhausted.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Where's that harness that I gave to you as a gift when you were pregnant with Lendon. You may want to use it for Collin! I love hearing this precious story! You are a #1 mom! Love you!
What a sweet story! So true!
Post a Comment