I know how I could have forgotten to report Collin's latest "big news". I all began when Joe and I went out of town for an achievement trip with my company to Naples, Florida at the end of April. First of all we had a blast and came back so refreshed with no black circles under our eyes. AMAZING!
The Birmingham "Big Timers"...
So while we are gone, Gran (St. Gran as Joe and I refer to her) kept the kids. Everything was going pretty well until on night three, Collin started climbing out of his crib, escaping his room and demanding to be rocked to sleep or either slept with. Let's just say this caused a lot of problems and much sleep deprivation for Gran. When Joe and I got back in town we tried to get him to get back in his crib or the double bed in his room with no luck. We even tried "crying it out" with no luck. Lucky for Joe, he went out of town the week after we got back so it was all up to me to figure out this situation. Meanwhile, dark circles returned. Since crib tents are no longer available I went and got a door knob coversthat would not let him escape his room if he got out of his bed and after two nights of a lot of tears he decided to sleep in the "big boy" bed. Never to return to the crib again. The crib has now been taken down. I must admit I wasn't quite emotionally ready for this since it truly signifies my sweet baby growing up but you have to do what you have to do.
So, now Collin is a big boy in a big boy room with no crib and we are all sleeping soundly... for now...
Monday, June 4, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment