Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Back to the Emergency Room

I don't know if all boys are like mine, but if they are all mommies of little boys should have a really special place in heaven.  So here is the story... Last night Joe and I decided to go on a date night.  We had  a long weekend of travel and a long ride back from Clarke County with the kids so I really wanted to to eat dinner in peace and go to a movie so that I could just chill out mindlessly in front of the big screen for 2 1/2 hours and relax.  We did make it though dinner but as I was buying our movie tickets Joe received a call from our sitter saying that Collin fell and hit our glass table and had a couple of gashes on his head.  Obviously we rushed home and gathered Collin up to take him to Children's Hospital because it was obvious that Collin was going to need stitches.  One humorous note was when we walked in the house Lendon ran up to me and said, "I didn't do it Mommy!  I promise I didn't do it!"  

Apparently, Collin was walking to get on the couch, tripped and hit his face on the top of the glass table and then as he went down hit the metal base.  Poor baby! 

Luckily when we reached the ER, they were not too busy and we were able to go on back to a room.  Also, since this is not our first rodeo with Collin, I had very little paper work to fill out because they already had it all on file.

After examination, the physicians decided that only one of the gashes was going to need stitches but because he had recently had dinner, sedation was not an option so they had to papoose him to a board and I had to hold his knees and a nurse had to hold his head while they stitched him up.  He did not feel any pain because a numbing cream had been applied but I will admit the whole situation was very traumatizing.  Anyway, hopefully the stitches will be dissolved in 5 days and we will be back to normalcy... at least for now.

Here is the sweet boy this morning taking a bath in the sink because we can't get his wounds wet and I thought this might be the best way to keep him dry.  


2 comments:

Ashley Jones said...

There are not enough words. Poor baby. I must admit it I was not prepared even after your description. So glad the stitches will dissolve that fast!

The Vances said...

Bless his heart! (and yours too!!!) I can't imagine getting that call, nor can I imagine holding my child without sedation during stitches. I'm sure it was traumatic for all. I hope you get to have that glass of wine a few hours of "me" time to veg out! Give that sweet boy a hug from us.

Followers