Saturday, September 10, 2011

Labor Day Weekend 2011

The beginning of Labor Day weekend started off great. Joe and I headed down to Tuscaloosa on Saturday to watch Alabama play in their opening game. We had an awesome time watching the Crimson Tide roll over Kent State. We left the game a little early so that we could get a lot of play time in with the boys. On Sunday morning we went to church and Lendon wore one of my brother's (Drew) outfits that he wore when he was little.

After our Sunday nap, we joined Heath, Meghan and Mary Clark Henig at the park to play and go out to eat. I can't believe I forgot my camera because I could have gotten some really cute pictures.
Monday is when everything started to go down hill! It stormed all day so since we could not play outside, we decided to go to the McWayne Center.
Lendon was excited that he could wear his rain jacket that Gran gave him...
Even thought it was really ugly outside, we had so much fun playing indoors. The McWayne Center is awesome and I am so glad that Birmingham has it! The boys loved playing at the water station...


Bubbles...

Trains too...

Lendon could not pass up a chance at the zip line...

Unfortunately when we go home our power was off and did not come back on until Thursday night! It was a long week in the dark, but thankfully we have great friends and neighbors who let me get ready at their house every morning for work. The boys were troopers but I must admit that I hope we never have to experience that again!

No comments:

Followers