Friday, May 22, 2009

Beach Baby

Joe and I officially have a beach baby!!! We recently got back from our first family beach vacation since Lendon was born and needless to day we had a wonderful time!!! We stayed at my aunt Mel and Uncle Gil's beach house in Sandestin for a week and half were total beach bums the entire time.  Aunt Melanie, Gran, and uncle Drew also came down for a couple of days to join in the fun!

When we got down the beach our first order of business was to figure out how were were going to successfully hang out on the beach with Lendon. I must admit I had worries that the little man would make hanging out on the beach a little stressful, but boy was I wrong; he was a perfect beach baby!! Of course we had a couple of must-have tools that made the trip successful...a baby sun dome and a travel swing! Before we headed to the beach we decided to do a trial run out by the pool at the house on day 1 as you can see on exhibit A.

Exhibit A: Sun Dome + Swing + Outside= Happy baby!



After a successful trial run, we decided to it was time to hit the beach. See Exhibit B:

Exhibit B: Sun Dome + Swing+ Cool Breeze and the sound of crashing waves= Happy Baby and Happy Parents!!!



You cannot imagine the attention we generated with this set up. We literally had random people constantly coming up to check out the set up and Lendon. We also had many desperate parents inquiring where we had gotten our sun dome (for everyone's information, we got it from Babies R Us). Lendon would sleep for hours each day in the swing while Joe and I happily sunbathed on the beach. Now of course the only time Lendon demanded to be taken out of the swing was when he was hungry; I mean honestly you didn't think this kid would miss a meal did you?! Luckily for us not only did the tiki bar on the beach serve delicious fruity drinks but they could also serve up warm water for bottles and straws for stirring (yes the bartenders new Lendon by name as well!).

We also made sure that Lendon stuck his toes in the sand and the ocean...

The happy family....



Celebrity Sighting in Florida: Chevy Chase!!! Oh, I am sorry , that is just Joe with all of our beach gear! Ha-Ha



We had to hit the pool as well... and Lendon had a ball!


Lendon posing in his new swimsuit... How do you like that ladies?!


Watching the sunset...

 And of course we had to hit some of our favorite restaurants...






We go back in a month and just can't wait!

2 comments:

Melanie said...

I love the Chevy Chase pic of Joey!

Leigh Anne said...

Hello Lauren! Now that Tori has a blog, I saw your link and couldn't wait to see yours! I am laughing so hard at this post. I especially love the exhibit A and B, and the Chevy Chase! Too funny! I feel like I already know you and your sweet little family! Lendon is precious. I hope we will get to meet in person soon and maybe even get Daniel and Lendon together for a playdate!!

Followers