Sunday, September 23, 2012

Stay at home Mommy

Well, it is official, August 1st marked my first day as a stay at home mommy.  After almost nine years with Eli Lilly, I have decided to stay at home with the kiddos. It has been a bittersweet decision because I loved my company, job and my work team but with Joe's companies growing and an increase in his traveling it was a decision that had to me made.  Thankfully, Lilly offers a 3 year dependent care leave so if I decide to come back in the next three years and if there is a position available, I will be able to return to work.  I'm not sure if that is something that I would ever want to do but it is really nice to have the opportunity.

I am so thankful that I had the opportunity to have such a wonderful job and I am equally thankful that I now have the opportunity to spend a lot more time focused on my family.  God really placed the desire on me to stay at home many months ago but it took some time for my selfish nature to give in follow the path that he had destined for our family.  Now that two months has passed since quitting,  \this was definitely the right decision!

I am so blessed to have a husband that works so hard to provide for our family and support me in what I felt led to do.  Thank you Joe for all that you do for our family!

Before I left, some of my sweet "Big Timers" joined me dinner at Little Savannah to say farewell.  I love my "Big Timers"!



And lastly, here is a picture of my sweet team in Naples during our achievement trip in this spring.  It has been fun ladies and Chris! I will miss you guys!

No comments:

Followers