Saturday, November 26, 2011

A very eventful and scary October!

If I had to describe October in one word it would be EXHAUSTING.  I am happy to say that we made it though the month even though we had some MAJOR drama.  Collin almost gave Joe and I a heart attack this month!  It all began around 7:00 pm on a Thursday night, the week before Halloween.  It all started when Joe was getting the kids ready for bath time.  He stripped them down and while his was turning of the bath water, the boys were playing and Lendon slammed a door and at the same time Collin stuck his fingers in the "hinge" side of the door.  The next thing I knew, Joe brought me a bloody,  naked 1 year old, a part of a finger and a naked 2 year old.  Yes, the door severed the top part of Collin's left, ringer finger completely off.  Thankfully, our next door neighbor, Sherry, (whom was later relieved by Darren Jones) was able to come and keep Lendon while we rushed to Children's Hospital.  To make a long story short, a plastic surgeon was called in and was able to reattach his finger and since then we visit the doctor every two weeks to evaluate the state of his finger.  It looks to be reattaching nicely, but in the meantime, Collin has to wear a large, shock absorbing wrap around his hand.  He will have to wear this for many months to come and unfortunately because he is such a rough, little boy, he maneuvers his "mitt" off frequently.  Needless to say I have become an expert wrapper an have a kit will me at all times so that if I get a call from the school, I can run up there and wrap it.  By the way, if you think Collin's injury has slowed him down, you can think again.  He is all boy and it is amazing how little he has been affected.  Bath time has been our only biggest hurtle because we cannot get his hand wet.  This picture is the from the day after the "accident"...


Moving on to happier subjects.... I have had a lot of help around the house recently...



Lendon had discovered that he loves baking cookies as much as he likes eating them!





We also took a trip to Clarke County in October to visit Gran and Papa and loved seeing their new chickens.  Lendon became the official egg retriever for the trip and was awed by the whole process.

 Aren't these eggs beautiful?!

And last but now least, these pictures were taken in early October of the boys doing their favorite thing in the whole world, BLOWING LEAVES! I hope they are this eager to do yard work as teenagers!





No comments:

Followers