When I started to plan his big boy room, I really wanted to use an animal theme, but could not find any fabric that I liked. I was telling this to my aunt Melanie one day when she remembered that she had some drapes and a balloon shade from Will's (her 17 year old) bedroom from when he was a little boy and how it was so precious and animal themed. She searched her through her closets and pulled them out and I loved them! Aunt Mel then hit her storage room and found the fabulous antique carved twin beds and animal prints that she offered up as well. Everything was in perfect shaped and she happily handed it down to Lendon. Thanks Aunt Mel! My mom (aka Martha Stewart) cut up the balloon shade to make pillows and a crib skirt and we used the drapes just they way they were. To round off the room, my mom made a roman shade and bed skirts for the "big boy" beds out of a burlap fabric that I found. My dad constructed the beautiful wooden valence and Joe and I painted it. I also found an awesome barley twist table and antique lamp sconce at a local antique store that fit the room perfectly. Its a good thing that Lendon really loves his new room because a lot of people worked hard to make it perfect for him!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment