Saturday, February 28, 2009

Big Weekend: Family Get Togethers and Baby Shower Number II

On Thursday I headed down to Clarke county for the weekend. Needless to say, the weekend was very eventful. On Thursday I helped babysit my adorable niece Gracie, who by the way is extremely mobile these days and can say "La-La". Of course this makes Aunt La-La extremely happy. Mom made a wonderful family dinner on Thursday night- homemade Chicken and Dumplings (one of my all time favorites!). This was probably the last McLendon family dinner we will have before baby Lendon arrives.

On Friday, we had a Hinson family dinner (my mom's side of the family). Nanny of course out did herself again in the kitchen and I was so happy to hang out with all of my aunts, uncles and cousins that I do not get to see quite enough!

On Saturday afternoon, I had my second baby shower. It was hosted at my sister's house (Heather) and everything was beautiful. I was so happy to see so many family and friends that I had not seen in a long time. I received so many wonderful gifts. I am so blessed to have so many thoughtful friends and family members. Needless to say, after this shower I think we have everything we need for Lendon to make his arrival!

To end the weekend, we had a McLendon family dinner with my dad's side of the family to celebrate the March birthdays- Me, Keith, and Mark. Dad grilled out his famous burgers and Mel had brought a Italian cream birthday cake from Montgomery for everyone to enjoy.

Do you see a trend here....my family is not shy around food!!!

Below are pictures from the shower. Enjoy!






The Baugh Ladies: Mitzi (sister in law), me, Nancy (Joe's mom, aka: Maw-Maw), and Linda (Joe's aunt)
Some of the wonderful gifts I received
The highchair: Yea!!!
More gifts...


The Hostesses: Aunt Brenda, Aunt Melinda, Aunt Melanie, me, Heather, and Aunt Holly

3 Generations: Mom, me, and Nanny

No comments:

Followers