Sunday, March 31, 2013

A camouflage cast and Mardi Gras in Mobile

In early February we had obviously gone a little too long without one of the kids giving me a small heart attack and emergency trip to the doctor, so Collin decided to get us on track.  The kids were playing in the trampoline while I was loading the car and all of a sudden there was a lot of tears and my sweet Collin holding his arm.  Lendon had fallen on it by accident and not very hard or roughly, but when I told Collin to shake it off, he was not budging. So off to school Lendon went and off to the pediatrician and the the orthopedist Collin and I went.  The x-rays were inconclusive so after examination the orthopedist decided to cast it and for us to come back in two weeks for a compartive x-ray.  When I gave Collin the choice sheet for the kind of cast he wanted, he immediately choose camoflouge and so that is what we went with.  Don't worry the cast did not slow him down and yes it was used as a weapon on multiple occasions.  Joe, Lendon and I each had battle wounds by the end of the two weeks.  Fortunatley, the comparative x-ray came back normal, the cast came off and within a few days he was back to normal!

The week after the cast incident we headed down to Mobile where our friends, the Fillers, hosted us and the Smiths for a weekend of Mardi Gras festivities.  Lets just say that they were very brave to have six adults and seven kids under one roof!  Other than the fact that my kids did not want to take naps or go to bed when they were supposed to, the trip was fabulous and we had a great time!



No comments:

Followers