Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Fun Fall Weekend

We had a fun but very busy weekend.  The weather was absoultely perfect and cool.  Saturday morning, I took the boys to a birthday party at Overton Park and later in the afternoon we had some friends come over to watch football and play.   The boys were so happy to play with their friends Mary Clark, Barrett and Banks.



Lendon, Collin and Mary Clarke hanging out
Lendon picked pretty flowers for Mary Clark
Already trying to woo the ladies!
Banks really liked being pushed around until Lendon ran him into the house!

Our neighbor Sherry came down to take the kiddos for a ride on the golf cart
Banks, Collin and Barrett having fun in the tub!
Collin and Banks really liked to splash!  Barrett- not so much
On Sunday, we went to our church's pumpkin patch to pick out our pumpkins.  Look at this cute scarecrow that we found while we were there...


Collin and I looking at the pumpkins

Lendon sitting by his favorite pumpkins
After the pumpkin patch, we headed over to the park to burn off some energy before dinner.  It was here that I really began thinking about how big Lendon is getting and how he is maturing.   He now refuses to swing and slide.  However, if there is a rock wall to climb, a pole to jump down or a zip line to ride , he is ready for the challenge.  His favorite phrase these days, "I want to do it by myself!"  (sniff, sniff)


At least I have one sweet boy that still likes to slide and swing.  The sad part is I can already see him watching Lendon and I know that it is only a matter of time before he will want to do the "big boy" stuff as well.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

What a fun weekend! I can't wait to spend time with all of you again! Love the pictures!

Followers