Thursday, December 18, 2008

No Gestational Diabetes

Well, for those of you who heard of my devastating breakdown when I failed my first gestational diabetes test, I have good news. After my second test, (that is, 2 sugar drinks on a fasting stomach and 4 finger sticks in three hours) I officially do not have gestational diabetes.

Of course I had already assumed as much, considering I had hit up one of the doctor offices that I call on and they had supplied me with my own handy, dandy blood glucose monitor. It is safe to say if you attend a McLendon family Christmas party and eat the food provided and your 2 hour postprandial blood sugar is still under normal, you are pretty much in the clear.

Not only that, I did maximize my time by addressing all of my Christmas cards during my three hour wait. When you leave a doctor's office with your Christmas cards addressed and no gestational diabetes, I call that a pretty good visit!

1 comment:

HHC said...

That's great. I had heard about your first test, but I thought the follow up visit was after Christmas. I know that's a load off. Love ya, Holly

Followers